Consultation (often called supervision in the UK) is there to meet and support your professional needs and is also a requirement to becoming a Certified BSP Practitioner.
This can be either on a one to one basis with one of the Consultants listed below or in small groups online.
One to One Consultation
To book a one to one session, please contact one of the following approved BSPUK Supervisors. Sessions are in person when location allows, or over Zoom / Skype. They are usually one hour depending on your supervisor and prices will vary. You can also undertake consultation for certification with an international consultant. Please see list on the main international Brainspotting website here.
Dr Mark Grixti
Online group supervision only
Mob: 07957 322327
Mob: 07418 004343
Mob: 07803 161326
International Brainspotting Consultants
Please check the directory of international consultants here.
Group online consultation is open to all BSP practitioners, consultants and trainers. The minimum requirement is to have completed a Phase 1 training.
The BSP group supervision sessions are for those wishing to richly advance their practice. They do not count in terms of the minimum 6 hours of 1:1 supervision required towards certification. Group supervision and the individual supervision are designed to compliment each other in advancing your skills, understanding and level of practice. We hope you find this a stimulating and expansive combination.
The consultation is in blocks of 6 x 1.5 hour sessions. These are held online via Zoom, usually monthly. Groups are small, around 10-15 participants. If you miss a session or would like to review the content, recordings are provided following each session and available for 14 days, exclusive to the group.
The price for a block of 6 x 1.5 hour sessions is usually £330. Due to current circumstances and the need to develop work with clients online, there is a 10% discount for this group. This equates to £295. Please note spaces are limited and group consultation is to inform your practice but does not replace the required 1:1 consultation hours for certification.
This price includes:
- 6 sessions
- 10% towards humanitarian causes (see below)
- Group attendance certificate
The next online consultation group starts on Thursday 22nd April 2021. All sessions are on Thursdays from 6.00 pm – 7.30 pm GMT with Dr Mark Grixti, Clinical Psychologist and Brainspotting trainer. Please note that spaces are limited and in high demand. To register for this group please contact email@example.com.
The dates are as follows:
Cancellation – if any sessions have to be cancelled by the facilitator for reasons unknown at the outset then they will be rescheduled accordingly.
BSPUK Consultation and Humanitarian Support
So as well as receiving the latest inspiring BSP consultation in a small group, your purchase will directly provide either:
500 meals to children in their place of education across Africa, Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Caribbean.
145 trees to be planted by local villagers across the world to sustain communities, animal habitats, purify water and develop healthy ecosystems.
- Completion of Brainspotting Phase 1 and 2 trainings in person (online currently approved due to government health restrictions)
- A minimum of 6 hours of 1:1 consultation from an Advanced Brainspotting Practitioner. The last session includes a formal review of the applicant’s BSP skills, documented on a consultation form
- 50 hours of Brainspotting practice, each session documented on the session form available here
- Payment of a $150 certification fee to Brainspotting Trainings, Inc. (Certification is to be reviewed and awarded by Brainspotting Trainings, Inc.)
Please note group consultation is to inform your practice but does not replace the required 1:1 consultation hours for certification. Certification requires 1:1 supervision as it is competency and case study based.
- Choose your supervisor from the list of BSPUK approved consultants above or and arrange your initial session
- Download the certification form here
- Make payment to Brainspotting Trainings, Inc (payment details shown on the form)