Brainspotting With Children: November 9th 2018, London
Starts: 9th November 2018
Ends: 9th November 2018
Time: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
“It’s easier to build strong children than to repair broken men” – (Douglass)
The workshop aims to cover the areas that are brought up so often in Brainspotting trainings and in supervision. The day will allow time for case consultation, as well as covering the following key issues:
- How do you do Brainspotting with children?
- What is the significance of neurobiological development in Brainspotting?
- Do children process faster than adults?
- How does modern attachment theory fit with Brainspotting?
- What is resourcing when Brainspotting with children?
- What to do with parents when the child is Brainspotting?
- As therapist, how do you transition to Brainspotting?
- How to work with the child with complex developmental trauma?
- The child within the adult – the therapist’s own process.
For 10 years Mark was a Chartered Clinical Psychologist in the NHS (UK), specialising in Child and adolescent mental health. He primarily worked with young people, foster carers and families with complex needs in specialist services. Over the past 9 years he has developed a successful private practice focussing on complex trauma throughout the age range. Mark is an EMDR Accredited Consultant and offers supervision/consultation in numerous integrated approaches. He teaches on Clinical Psychology Doctoral courses, is the lead UK Brainspotting trainer and the author of the book, Brainspotting with Young People: An Adventure into the Mind.
This training is open to all who have completed a Phase 1 BSP training, a prerequisite for this course.
Receive 10% discount when booking for Brainspotting Live! Supervision on 10th & 11th November. Please email Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book for both trainings.
The workshop is in London at The Columbia Hotel, Lancaster Gate